- I will respect both private and public property and will do no collecting on privately owned land without the owner’s permission. I will to the best of my ability, ascertain the boundary lines of property on which I plan to collect.
- I will keep informed on all laws, regulations of rules governing collecting on public lands and will observe them.
- I will use no firearms or blasting material in collecting areas. I will build fires in designated or safe places only and will be certain they are completely extinguished before leaving the area. I will discard no burning material - matches, cigarettes, etc.
- I will cause no willful damage to property of any kind - fences, signs, or buildings.
- I will leave all gates as found. I will fill all excavation holes which may be dangerous to livestock. I will not contaminate wells, creeks or other water supply.
- I will cause no willful damage to collecting material and will take home only what I can reasonably use.
- I will practice conservation and undertake to utilize, fully and well, the materials I have collected and will recycle my surplus for the pleasure and benefit of others.
- I will support the rockhound project H.E.L.P. (Help Eliminate Litter Please) and will leave all collecting areas devoid of litter, regardless of how found.
- I will cooperate with field trip leaders and those in designated authority in all collecting areas.
- I will appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources.
- I will report to my club or Federation officers, Bureau of Land management or other authorities, any deposit of petrified wood or other materials on public lands which should be protected for the enjoyment of future generations for public educational and scientific purposes.
- I will observe the “Golden Rule”, will use “Good Outdoor Manners” and will at all times conduct myself in a manner which will add to the stature and Public “image” of rockhounds everywhere.
|LARC, its officers and members shouldn't be disrespectful towards any member, officer, or visitor or any other individual in the club or at our meetings. This includes hurtful attitudes or comments based on someone else's nationality, culture, language, age, gender identity, social class or disability. LARC observes all federal and state laws that may apply. LARC is an equal opportunity organization in all regards.
If any discourtesy is reported, LARC will take action, up to and including terminating a membership if necessary.